23 December 2016

Feeling 22!


I awoke on my birthday a couple of weeks back to lots of wonderful texts from friends and one with the link to Taylor Swift's ’22’. Needless to say it was the first song I listened to that day and it set the tone for the rest of the day.
I had a truly wonderful birthday which was the perfect end to my momentous 21st year! I celebrated with Ollie at Dalloway Terrace and had a terrific afternoon tea. The restaurant has been totally transformed for the festive season to what I can only describe as a real life Narnia. If you do have a chance to visit before the new year I’d highly recommend that you do, it really is a magical sight to see. In the evening I met up with all my closest friends for a meal. It was so nice to see everyone together and I felt like a very very lucky lady to be surrounded by so many inspiring and uplifting people that I get to call my friends.
On the Wednesday I spent the afternoon with Isabella in Shoreditch, it was so nice to properly catch up with one another, we only see each other from time to time now that she’s moved back to Denmark. It was so great to be able to see each other before the year ended. I’ve got my fingers crossed that we can jet off on some more adventures together in 2017!
Ollie’s gift for my birthday was so thoughtful, a modern calligraphy starter kit and Lamplighter London’s book ‘Nib and Ink’. Calligraphy is something I’ve been interested in for years, but I never take the time out to practice, so time for a change. A new hobby for the new year perhaps, I got stuck straight in to the book and have been practicing nearly everyday, I’ve even hand-written all my gift tags for Christmas presents. I have to say that it’s really rather addictive too, so I hope my style and skill starts improving soon. Practice makes perfect, right?
I’m super excited about Christmas this year especially now my nephew James is a little older and is excited about unwrapping, or more like ripping open presents. I’ll be taking some time off between now and the new year and enjoy some down time with family and loved ones. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I’ll see you for my last post of 2016 very soon.


















































Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig