27 April 2016

NYC - Meeting Diresta


Following on from our morning exploring Soho, we headed back towards East Village. Before visiting NYC, Ollie messaged Jimmy Diresta a designer, artist and master builder who makes videos on Youtube who he's followed for years. I've watched lots of his videos and have seen for myself that Diresta is quite the making marvel, from renovating antique printing presses, to making a bespoke chess set and creating signs for the likes of 'Brompton' and 'Freixenet'. He can literally make anything! 
Diresta kindly agreed to let us stop by his workshop to meet him and have a look around. Its such an immersive experience to meet someone and see a place in the flesh that you've watched online. It's a bit like what I'd imagine it would be like to visit a TV show set, it's so familiar and yet you've never been there. To actually be standing there was such a cool experience. Not to mention Jimmy and David Waelder, a fellow maker who shares Jimmy's shop, were two great guys. We ended up talking about everything from accents (of course a classic when your abroad) to the show 'The Mighty Boosh' which I was surprised to hear Jimmy and Dave were big fans of. 
A massive thank you to Jimmy and Dave for letting us stop by that afternoon and taking time out of your day to hang out. We then headed to Black Seed Bagels for a bite to eat. Their bagels are freshly made at the store daily, I'm not sure you can beat having a warm fresh bagel smothered in cream cheese in NYC! We were both already falling head over heels for NYC, my love for the city grows each time I visit. Check back for my next post from NYC to see what we got up to that evening!



































Share:

2 comments

  1. B-e-a-utiful photos Amber! I really really reeeeeeally want to visit NYC.

    Katie. xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie!! I couldn't recommend booking a holiday/trip to NYC enough! One of my favourite places I've ever been to x

      Delete

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig