4 September 2016

Staycation The Hoxton Holborn Pt.2


We awoke feeling refreshed, both Mum and I had thought it was the early hours of the morning. Turns out it was 9am, the black out curtains in our room truly were black out! Amazing if you fancied a lie in but I can imagine the mad panic if you were late to check out. Our breakfast bags were left outside our door; an orange juice, banana and yoghurt with granola. The ideal way to start to the day with something small as we were heading straight out to the shops. 














We checked out and left our bags downstairs so I could show Mum a few of my favourite places in the local area. We popped into CheekyThe Hoxton’s in house beauty parlour. We didn’t get the chance to book in advance, as we both hoped to get our nails done but they were fully booked, so we shall have to go back another time. Cheeky are owned by the same company as Cowshed which is a family favourite of ours. Their products are brilliant! Always a fail safe, for luxury bath and beauty products, for presents and for treating yourself every now and again. I could only have high and good expectations for Cheeky, no wonder it was fully booked!






We headed towards Covent Garden, browsing shops along the way and then stopped by Department of Coffee and Social Affairs in Slingsby Place, just off of Long Acre. I’ve been visiting this group of coffee houses for quite a few years now. It’s one of my favourites and they have branches all over London. The flat white is like velvet and their range of food is also great, I pretty much always choose to have banana loaf, toasted with a little butter on the side. Our caffeine hit fixed, we continued shopping.










If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll be aware I’m stationary obsessive, so I couldn’t not mention Kikki K. Their permanent shop is on James Street just down from Covent Garden station. One of the things I love about Kikki K is the diverse designs for each of the different ranges. There truly is something for everyone! 




For lunch we headed to Balthazar, neither Mum or I had been in the restaurant before but everyone I know that’s visited has always said that it’s fab! We ordered our food and our Bellinis arrived while we waited. The food was great, we saw quite a few tables around us having Afternoon Tea which looked amazing. It was a wonderful way to round off our little staycation together. We stopped by the bakery next door and Mum picked out some sweets treats to take back home. We walked back to The Hoxton to pick up our bags, arms ladened with shopping bags and cakes, a rather successful staycation if you ask me. Just don’t tell my bank balance!














This post is in collaboration with The Hoxton, but all opinions are my own.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig