24 August 2016

NYC - Foodie Favourites


 This is my penultimate post from NYC. Now I'm going to give you this warning from the offset. This post could cause serious amounts of food envy and hunger! I wouldn't advise reading further or looking at the photos if you're prone to getting hangry, I can not be held responsible for your actions after reading this post.

NYC is a city I have fallen very much in love with, if not for countless other reasons but the food. My giddy aunt!!! I have rounded up my four favs that Ollie and I dined at. We definitely hope to be making repeat visits again soon.

A restaurant that's been on my 'to visit' list since my last NYC trip in 2012. It's been featuring on my Instagram feed on a regular basis. Everyone I know who's visited recommends that I must go. On our first morning in NYC we walked from our apartment in East Village to the Soho branch and we sat in the corner booth. Sipping my latte and gazing out of the window at the streets beginning to bustle with locals and tourists. I opted for a Mediterranean breakfast; scrambled eggs, avocado, chopped salad and pitta bread. Ollie had boiled eggs and soldiers. We both really enjoyed our meals. I love the keen eye that the restaurant has on its branding. The little details really stand out; the personalised sugar packets saying 'I love you a latte' remind me fondly of that first morning in NYC. Plus their Instagram page is on point, making me hungry and jealous all at the same time.











I visited the Hell's Kitchen branch on my 18th birthday on my last NYC trip. The cherry on top of a birthday in New York was the S'mores milkshake. As soon as we booked our flight, I knew this was somewhere I had to take Ollie to. To say Ollie has a sweet tooth is a small understatement. So Ollie and a S'mores milkshake complete with a blowtorched marshmallow is a match made in heaven! We both opted for the same burgers because they looked so damn good and shared sides. Our burgers had smashed avocado, pepper jack cheese and ranch dressing. Beyond delicious!! Just writing this now has transported me back and I wish I could be eating this meal all over again!







Now you may be familiar with Shake Shack in the UK, but the founding and original location was in Madison Square Park right next to the Flatiron building. I really wanted to visit and eat at Shake Shack’s original location as I love indulging in a cheeky trip to Shake Shack in London. The flagship location sure didn’t disappoint, it was delicious! We both had ShackBurgers, crinkle cut chips, homemade lemonade for me and iced tea for Ollie. We shared ‘The Concrete Jungle’ for dessert. It's by far the best Shake Shack I’ve ever eaten at. We both really like the casual atmosphere of the park, gazing up at the Flatiron building and smelling new blooms of Hyacinths next to our table. A rather perfect al fresco spring evening in the city.












Katz's Delicatessen is famed for their incredible corned beef and pastrami. You may be more familiar however with Katz's as that restaurant from ‘When Harry met Sally’. Either way it was on our list to visit, plus the epic review ‘Man v Food’ had given it, which had Ollie weak at the knees over the sandwiches. I love the unique way that Katz's operates, a ticketed system which acts as your receipt and you pay at the door upon leaving. I had a grilled cheese sandwich (as it was national grilled cheese day on the day we visited, so it seemed rude not to have one). Ollie had a beef brisket sandwich which was honestly as big as his head! I mean look at the photo below, I’m not lying! It was HUGE!!! The meat melted in your mouth, I’m definitely having one of those next time we go.











Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig