10 May 2016

Boden AW16 Press Day


Having got a last minute invitation to Boden’s AW16 Press Day last week, I knew it was an event I couldn’t miss. Thanks again Lucy! Arriving in Soho to Johnnie’s Milk Bar I entered the venue and felt like I’d been transported back into the sixties. Boden had done a fine job of transforming the location into the ultimate sixties cafe! From colourful tweeds and sixties inspired cuts, Boden have brought the sixties to 2016 with a contemporary edge, very classy looking and as always effortlessly stylish. I have already earmarked a load of pieces but one I keep picturing is the navy suede trench shown below as well as a leopard trench (pictured below on a rail). It had the softest fleece lined pockets, ideal for the chillier evenings. But we’ll keep that idea at bay for the time being. I'm ready to embrace the long summer evenings first.
The cafe was complete with the most delicious sweet and savoury treats. Ranging from treats from baking maven ‘Molly Bakes’ creating a bespoke cornflake milkshake for the event (this instantly transported me back to NYC and the incredible ‘Momofuku Milk Bar’ which have a soft serve/ice cream flavoured with cornflakes!). Molly Bakes also provided the cutest hand iced biscuits based on British classics; custard creams & jammy dodgers. These were in the stylish goodie bags along with a few Johnnie’s Milk Bar branded sugar sachets and place mats. A very cute way for you to continue your 60’s experience when you got back home. Unfortunately my biscuits didn’t last that long, but when they're that pretty and yummy how could you resist? Savoury bites like scotch eggs and fish fingers sandwiches were offered around as you took in the new collection and if you’d fancied you could have pulled up a chair to sit down and eat a shepherds pie. A nod back to the classic British cafes of the time period.


















On the second floor of the venue was the kids collection. From the swinging sixties to a country fete, stepping across a straw covered floor it made me think of being at fetes as a child and being covered in straw when I arrived home, sorry Mum! The scene was an impressive set up, including a chopper bike, 70’s board games and bakewell tarts galore. Not to mention the adorable clothing collection. I spotted so many pieces I could imagine my adorable nephew Jamie in. I definitely think the badger hooded cardigan needs to be a part of his Autumn wardrobe. I love how the collection is an extension of classic british pieces but with all the practical functions for kids. Seeing Jamie grow up this past year and a half, I know how extremely important it is to have practical clothing that washes well and lasts. I can’t wait to kit him out for the autumn and see him running through piles of leaves. This is only the second press day that I have ever attended, but even I can see that Boden’s is on another level! The attention to detail was meticulous on this extremely well put together event. The venue was bustling and a hub of inspiration the afternoon of the press day. I got to bump into and catch up with a few old faces and see the super talented Miss Magpie Fashionspy who was sketching the coolest snapshots of the collection and gorgeous models. I can’t wait to get my hands of some of the collection. AW16 is going to be a hard collection to beat... till next time!


















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig