2 January 2016

2016 Lets do this...


Happy New Year!!

How did you ring in the New Year? Mine was a rather quiet affair but very wonderful, spent at home with Ollie. It was a treat to wake up on New Year's day without a stinking hangover... instead after a lie in I got up refreshed with a very positive outlook for the year ahead.
I've been reading various articles online over the past few days, talking about resolutions and creating habits for the new year. It's got me thinking, the start to the new year is as good a time as any to make a change. Setting yourself small goals in order to achieve an overall big goal is something I find rather rewarding. Keeping organised which I feel as if I started to get on top of last year, I plan on keeping up this year in order to be more organised than ever before. Whilst on the topic of organisation something I need to nip in the bud is keeping on top of paperwork (aka the boring stuff) when it comes to work. Setting time aside to do this and not letting it build up too much makes the task become manageable.
Something else I have read which really struck a chord with me, was to take some time out weekly for some 'me time'. Do something you personally find interesting and enjoy your own company, like reading a book, making yourself a cuppa or going for a walk. Doing something specifically for yourself on a regular basis will only make a positive difference.
One last thing I am endeavouring to do this year is to move on from past problems and focus on the present. We can change and shape our future. There isn't anything we can do about yesterday's mistakes or mishaps. So there's no real need to think about it for hours on end or worry about past decisions. Its time to move on and focus on what happening in the moment and enjoy the NOW!
Wishing you all the best for 2016! A huge thank you to each and everyone of you that stops by my little part of the internet and looks at my photos and reads my ramblings. I am truly grateful for all of the feedback and support I receive from friends, family and readers, it really is heart-warming.
Portraits by Ollie

Levis c/o Sherpa Jacket & Jeans / Alexander McQueen Silk scarf / Monica Vinader Rose Gold Necklace & Pendant / Oliver Bonas Bee Necklace / Five Pound Tee Tshirt / Michael Kors Watch / Thomas Sabo Bracelet / Zara Boots (old)






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber-Rose Photography | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig